Operators of roof top condensers are familiar with the stress caused by the summer period, with peak temperatures pushing the condensers to their limit. Munters EC Cool efficiently decreases the inlet temperature of the rooftop condenser, increasing cooling capacity and preventing unplanned breakdowns caused by high pressure alarms.
Air-cooled refrigeration units are the typical form of heat rejection system installed to provide air-conditioning and refrigeration. Obtaining adequate cooling function always has to be balanced against the higher capital investment and physical installation space of an over-dimensioned system. Moreover the running costs, comprising both life cycle system maintenance costs and energy consumption, are critical factors. Refrigeration plants account for around 10% of the global electricity consumption and is rising. It is therefore no surprise that cost-consciousness and energy conservation play increasingly important roles in new condenser system design and prolongation of the life cycles for existing installations.
Munters retrofit solution supports ambitions on sustainability
To support energy efficiency and product life expectancy on these already installed condensers, Munters has developed the EC Cool solution for retrofit installation. Munters EC Cool increases the cooling efficiency of a condenser system, while lowering energy consumption. It fits onto conventional single and double stage condensers and rooftop units, and can be supplied in any length up to approx. 40m of width and 2m in height. EC Cool pre-cools the air entering the condenser system, which improves condenser cooling performance, resulting in lower energy consumption.
- More reliable cooling installation in summertime
- No High Pressure alarms caused by outside conditions
- No corrosion or mineral deposits on condenser
- More energy efficient cooling installation (COP)
- Higher cooling capacity
- Easy cleaning and pad replacement
- Easy and quick installation
- Stock standard product, resulting in short delivery times
Munters is a step ahead in delivering a trouble-free and easy to install condenser pre-cooling system by introducing a glue & adhesive free solution, therefore simplifying the installation process. This new, revolutionary system guarantees long service life as it does not suffer from cracks or water leakage caused by thermal expansion or contraction. Inspection and cleaning procedures are easy. A smart clip function allows for easy access to the water pipe and for replacement of pads.
Retrofit, flexible & modular system
Thanks to the modular system design, Munters can retrofit every size of condenser even up to 2 metres high.
- High capacity water system to guarantee no dry operation for recirculating water systems
- Reinforced water tank with double wall, for very high robustness and rigidity
- Pad guides and deflector featuring clip-function
- Front opening for flushing the entire system
- Pad supports with large honeycomb orifices, avoids clogging or pad sitting in water
- Made in high quality PVC and PP materials, UV stabilized
- Anti-corrosion, resistant to detergents and disinfectants