Adding connectivity from your devices to a cloud based IOT portal to manage your assets has never been easier!
Using products and the IOT platform from Caption Data Ltd in Worcester provides an “out of the box” or “plug and play” solution with immediate access..
Watch the video at https://youtu.be/yUgBKSqXE5A
Once their NanoULTRA Edge product is connected to your target device (RS232 or RS485) and powered up, all of the configuration work is then done via the SmartHub.
There is no need to connect to the device directly with a PC to configure Modbus communications.
This can all be achieved, securely via any browser using any Smart Device. So no software to buy or load!
What exactly can you do via the SmartHub in terms of Modbus configuration?
- Quickly chose controllers from a drop down menu
- Add new controllers with a list of Modbus registers
- Set baud rates, stop bits etc.
- Save Controllers which can be recalled at any point in the future with new NanoULTRA systems
- Configure registers for both read and write functions
- Add up to four different slave devices to any one NanoULTRA e.g. Power meter, flow meter, environmental sensor all communicating to one NanoULTRA
- Configure what Users (as opposed to administrators) can view
- Select which registers you wish to monitor at high frequency
- Apply bit masks to data strings and associate to alarm messages
And what could this mean to your business?
- Improved customer service levels
- A helicopter view of your assets with single click drill down to individual units to manage them
- Faster, less onerous commissioning, with less time on site
- Better resolution of customer issues
- Improved spares & maintenance sales
All of which adds up to improved competitive advantage, improved profits and reduced risks!!