Integrated line control and CNC processes brings flexibility and increased productivity to today’s manufacturing lines OMRON Corporation (HQ: Shimogyo-Ku, Kyoto. CEO: Yoshihito Yamada) announced the global release in October of its new NJ/NY-series CNC Integrated Controllers that boost the productivity of processing machines for manufacturing lines.
- NJ-series Machine Automation Controller NJ501-5300
- NY-series IPC Machine Controller NY532-5400-□
In these new CNC Integrated Controller series, the Sysmac Integrated Platform has been expanded to include CNC functionality, enabling high-precision complex profiling and increasing the production capacity of processing machines.
Due to changes in consumers’ needs and advances in technology, there is a growing demand for products with more diverse and complicated shapes and materials, while product lifecycles are becoming increasingly shorter. As a result, manufacturers are faced with the challenge of performing more difficult processing at higher productivity rates.
Responding to this challenge, OMRON’s CNC Integrated Controllers provide both CNC and PLC functionalities and synchronize both processes at high speed. This significantly increases the production capacity of the entire machine.
Furthermore, by adding CNC setting and G-Code programming to its Sysmac Studio platform, OMRON also provides a true Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for configuration, programming, monitoring, and 3D simulations.
The platform includes function Blocks* for CNC that make program structure simple, enabling synchronization between the CNC and other processes while also reducing development time.
- Minimize machine cycle time*
- A single controller executes programs for both PLC and CNC in one control period, enabling process synchronization.
- Interlock time (waiting time during communications) between the CNC and other processes can be reduced by up to 75% compared to solutions using separate controllers.
- Simplify complex profiling
- Versatile CNC functions including 3D interpolation and position compensation enable high-precision, complex profiling.
- G-Code functionality allows CNC programs automatically generated by CAD/CAM software to be directly imported into the controller. This significantly reduces the time needed to design and program complex profiling solutions.
- Minimize development time
- CNC setting and G-Code programming are now available in a truly Integrated Development Environment (Sysmac Studio) for configuration, programming, monitoring, and 3D simulation. This allows programs for processing machines to be developed and debugged using a single software application.
- Function Blocks for PLC functionality, motion control and NC make program structure simple and enable synchronization between CNC and other processes.
- Intuitive user interface reduces configuration time.
|Product name||NJ/NY-series NC Integrated Controller|
|Hardware||Industrial panel PC||Modular controller|
|Screen size||15.4 inches||12.1 inches||–|
|Storage||128 GB SSD MLC||64 GB SSD SLC||128 GB SSD MLC||64 GB SSD SLC||–|
|Operating system||Windows Embedded Standard 7 – 64 bit||–|
|Control functionality||• Logic sequence
• Numerical control (NC)
|Number of axes||Max. sync axes||32||16|
|Sync axes per channel||4|
|Number of channels||8||4|
|Fastest cycle time||500 μs|
|Software tool||Integrated development environment||Sysmac Studio:
• Ladder, Structured Text, In-Line ST
• PLCopen® for Motion Control and Safety
• G, M code
|Graphic user interface||CNC operator:
• G, M code
|Program capacity||40 MB||20 MB|
|NC program buffer||64 MB||16 MB|
|Memory card||SD and SDHC memory card|
|Built-in port||Ethernet, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT,
USB 3.0/2.0, DVI
|EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, USB|
 Program organization units that are defined in the IEC 61131-3 standard and enhance reuse of code.
 Time required for processing in a production process.