Delta, a global leader in power and thermal management solutions, announced today it is launching its new 1,500 Vdc string solar PV inverter M125HV series alongside a broad portfolio of energy-saving lithium-ion battery energy storage solutions at Intersolar Europe. The M125HV is designed to optimize the productivity of solar PV power plants as it features industry-leading peak efficiency up to99%, 125kVA of maximum output power, active cooling, and an electromagnetic interference (EMI)-proof design.
With extensive expertise in developing high-efficiency power electronics and integrating energy-saving solutions, Delta is uniquely positioned to facilitate solar PV power generation and energy storage projects. Andreas Hoischen, head solar PV inverter sales for Delta in Europe, the Middle East & Africa (EMEA), said, “High-power utility-scale string inverters are currently transitioning from 1,000 Vdc to 1,500 Vdc. These new systems allow for longer strings, resulting in fewer combiner boxes, less wiring, less trenching, and significant balance of system cost savings. Our new M125HV series inverters for 1,500 Vdc systems, for instance, can reduce levelised cost of electricity by enabling higher-voltage arrays. That’s a huge advantage for solar developers, EPC contractors, and of course investors.”
Storage systems for residential and commercial photovoltaic installations are another trend reflected in Delta’s product portfolio on display at Intersolar Europe 2018. The company’s ES30 and Hybrid E5, for instance, lower costs for residential and commercial operators by increasing the amount of solar power a facility or residence can consume itself instead of feeding it into the grid.
Another industry-wide trend Delta is helping to define is smart energy management enabled by technologies such as integrated connectivity. The Hybrid E5 energy storage system, for instance, combines an E5 hybrid inverter with an external 6kWh lithium-ion battery, power meter, and a smart monitor. Rounding out the Delta exhibition is its latest power conditioning products, which improve the quality of the solar power supplied to electrical equipment. Technical highlights of the Delta technologies on display are listed below.
New M125HV series string inverter for commercial applications
Delta’s new flagship inverter model, the 3-phase M125HV series, offers a maximum of 125kVA output power, active cooling, and industry-leading peak efficiencies of up to 99%. These high-power and high-efficiency string inverters are ideal for maximizing the return on investment from large commercial and ground-mounted photovoltaic plants with megawatt-sized solar arrays. • 1,500 Vdc input voltage
- Up to 20 strings via fused inputs
- Electrolytic-capacitor-free for a service life of 20+ years
- Remote control and monitoring options
- Die-cast IP65-rated aluminum chassis and wiring box
- All-in-one design with built-in DC switches and AC and DC surge protection
New H4A & H5A FLEX string inverters for residential applications
With its new Flex series, Delta is offering 4kVA and 5kVA single-phase string inverters for residential applications. The new models have the same compact dimensions as their predecessor, the H3 Flex 3kVA, yet at considerably higher power densities. Integrated wireless communications allow for remote commissioning and monitoring using the MyDeltaSolar app, which is available for Android and iOS mobile devices.
- 2 MPP trackers and ultra-wide 30-550 V input voltage range
- Rugged IP65-rated die-cast aluminum chassis and enclosure
- High peak efficiencies of up to 98.3%
- Convenient AC and DC cabling with included plug-in connectors
The ES30 series commercial battery energy storage system
Commercial photovoltaic systems use Delta ES30 battery storage systems for peak-shaving and peak-shifting to limit feed-in power to the grid and maximize the portion of their PV power generation that they consume themselves to lower electricity costs. ES30 systems also stabilize grid voltage and can be installed in parallel for modular expansion.
- Three-phase, 90kWh lithium-ion battery energy storage system rated at 6000+ cycles• For commercial and industrial applications
- AC-coupled, mounts in a standard 19” rack
- Modular design scales from 6kWh to 90kWh battery capacity
- 30kW power conversion system with 0.99 AC output power factor
- Integrated battery management for over 2 hours continuous power
Hybrid E5 residential battery energy storage system
The Hybrid E5 energy storage system consists of an E5 hybrid inverter in combination with an external cabinet equipped with a 6kWh Li-ion battery module, a power meter, and a smart monitor. The Hybrid E5 boasts high DC charging efficiencies of up to 95% between the PV array and the battery.
- Simplified installation with separate inverter and cabinet
- The smart monitor controls the E5 inverter and battery and sends data to mobile graphic interface
- High peak efficiency (PV to grid) of 97.2% and nominal continuous power output of 5.0kW
Delta invites all stakeholders to visit its booth at Hall B2, Stand 450 at this year’s Intersolar Europe in Munich from 20-22 June. Visitors can receive a free one-day pass at https://intersolar.delta-emea.com.
To schedule a meeting with a Delta PV expert at this year’s Intersolar Europe, contact Delta at https://www.solar-inverter.com/en-GB/933.htm.