The latest digital trends in the manufacturing and engineering sector top the agenda at a special business forum in Doncaster.
The council’s Business Doncaster team and Make UK have organised the event so manufacturing and engineering companies can find out about ‘Industry 4.0’ and what lies ahead in the future from leading experts in the field.
The FREE event takes place on Wednesday morning 19 June 2019 at the National College for High Speed Rail in Doncaster. It has been sponsored by Finance for Enterprise.
Cllr Bill Mordue, Cabinet Member for Business, Skills and Economic Development, said: “Business Doncaster is holding its first Manufacturing and Engineering forum to provide firms with everything they need to know about digital and technological trends in the future.
“We have a great line-up of speakers and I urge manufacturing and engineering companies to join us at this get together to find out about the latest developments. It will help them understand the direction the sector is heading, highlight how they can take advantage to grow their business and is a great networking opportunity.
“Doncaster is truly on the up and our unique approach to supporting businesses really does make a difference.”
The confirmed speakers are:
• Professor Rab Scott Phd MIET – AMRC Rotherham/Sheffield
• Paul Byard – Make UK (formerly the Manufacturing Federation)
• Lorna McDonald – Hitachi Rail
• Magdalena Griech – Polypipe
• Judy Hart – Investors in Excellence
• Scott Cardwell – Assistant Director of Regeneration at Doncaster Council
• Andrew McKenna – Sheffield City Region Access to Finance
More information on the ‘invitation only’ event can be found by going to the events section on: www.businessdoncaster.com