Precision sensor manufacturer Micro-Epsilon has introduced an interface module that expands the range of connectivity options available for its sensors and measurement systems. The IF2030/PNET module allows simple integration of compatible sensors to a PROFINET network.The IF2030/PNET interface module is a single channel system that is compatible with Micro-Epsilon sensors that output data via their RS422 or RS485 interface. Screw terminals allow the sensors to be connected to the module directly via RS422/RS485 interfaces. Two network connections are provided for different network topologies. The interface module supports data rates up to 4 MBaud and can be installed in switching cabinets via a DIN rail.
Four status LEDs are provided on the front of the module (system, status, COM0 and COM1). Synchronisation output (TTL, HTL) is possible for RS422 sensors. Software integration into a PLC is achieved via a GSDML file.
A range of sensors and measurement systems from Micro-Epsilon are compatible with the IF2030 interface module. These include:
- Optical laser displacement sensors – optoNCDT 1320 and 1420, optoNCDT 1750 and optoNCDT 2300.
- Confocal displacement controllers – confocalDT 242x, confocalDT 24×1.
- Optical micrometers – optoCONTROL 2520.
- Colour measuring system – colorCONTROL ACS7000.
- Capacitive displacement controller – capaNCDT 6120.
For more information on the IF2030/PNET interface module, please call the Micro-Epsilon sales department on 0151 355 6070 or email [email protected]