HMS Networks is announcing the availability of Anybus® CompactCom™ IIoT Secure products for both EtherNet/IP and PROFINET, including a new complete security platform for IIoT communication over OPC UA and MQTT.
The leading Anybus CompactCom product family from HMS Networks enables device manufacturers to connect their industrial devices to all major industrial Ethernet networks, and IIoT connectivity is already supported via OPC UA and MQTT. However, the increased market demand for IIoT connectivity calls for next-level data security solutions to ensure that data from automation devices reach the cloud in a secure way. Full security is needed for the OPC UA or MQTT communication itself, as well as during file transfer and on web pages. The data must be encrypted, and the integrity of any given data system must be guaranteed to prevent data theft, tampering, or sabotage.CompactCom IIoT Secure – the first complete embedded security product on the market
Addressing this challenge, HMS is the first company to release a complete and ready-made embedded security product that enables fully secure communication from devices in the field to the cloud. The solution is called CompactCom IIoT Secure and features new powerful security hardware, secure boot, certificate management, encryption, as well as secure OPC UA and MQTT communication. The release focuses on CompactCom for EtherNet/IP and PROFINET with OPC UA and MQTT connectivity and includes the following main new software and hardware elements.
CompactCom software for secure IIoT
- Encryption of data sent to the cloud using secure OPC UA channels or to use encrypted traffic via MQTT over TLS
- Secure boot functionality ensuring usage of HMS firmware only
- Authentication through advanced certificate management and secure access and file transfer over TLS using HTTPS and WebDAV
- A security chip ensures full product integrity and identity
- The solution has been thoroughly tested from a cybersecurity point of view by HMS
- Pre-conformance testing has been performed for the networks in question, facilitating customer product certification significantly
- Complies with the applicable EMC and UL-standards same as for all Anybus products