Tubing and fittings from a recognized manufacturer.
For several years now, the TME catalogue has been updated with products necessary for the construction of pneumatic systems, especially basic articles in the field of maintenance. Festo has a special position among the suppliers in this category. It is a globally recognized manufacturer of innovative solutions in the field of pneumatics and industrial automation. It is a brand known for the quality and reliability of its products. Festo components can be used in many applications, including the food, automotive, paper, packaging, electronics, chemical industries, as well as in the energy and water and wastewater industries. The FESTO offer also includes the most basic components, such as push-in fittings and pneumatic tubing, which are an indispensable element of any industrial compressed air system.
At least two product groups from the Festo range deserve special attention. The first is QSM Mini Push-in Fittings. They are suitable for use with compressed air and vacuum, pressure range up to 6 bar, especially for applications in confined spaces or where optimum use of the available space is an essential requirement.
The most important features of QSM fittings:
- Made of PBT and nickel-plated brass;
- Types: straight, L-shape, X-shape, T-shape or Y-shape;
- Threads: M3, M5, M6, M8, G1/8”, R1/8”;
- Tubing outer diameter: 3mm, 4mm, and 6mm;
- Operating pressure: from -0.95 bar to 6bar;
- Operating temperature: from -10°C to +80°C.
Push-in fitting by Festo
The second group of products are standard push-in fittings of the QS series. They are also suitable for compressed air or vacuum systems. These products are made of the same materials as QSM – they also have the same permissible operating temperature and pressure. However, they have been adapted to larger tubing diameters:
- Tubing outer diameter: 4 mm, 6 mm, 8 mm, 10 mm, 12 mm, 16 mm and 22 mm;
- Threads: G1/8”, G1/4”, G3/8”, G1/2”, R1/8”, R1/4”, R3/8” and R1/2”.
In addition, Festo manufactures a wide range of pneumatic tubing. They are made of polyamide, polyethylene, polyurethane or PVC with an outer diameter of 3 mm, 4 mm, 6 mm, 8 mm, 9 mm, 10 mm, 12 mm and 16 mm. Depending on the series, the products have the following features:
- PAN – standard applications up to 19 bar, temperature range from -30°C to +80°C.
- PAN-MF – mobile applications, increased temperature range from -60°C to 100°C in combination with a high pressure range up to 27 bar.
- PAN-V0 – resistant to welding spatter, temperature range from -30°C to +90°C, pressure range up to 12 bar.
- PEN – high level of abrasion resistance in dynamic applications, flexible and easy to install thanks to optimized bending radii, temperature range from -30°C to +60°C , pressure range up to 10 bar.
- PFAN – resistant to chemical cleaning agents and hydrolysis, food-safe (FDA compliant), a wide temperature range from -20°C to +150°C, pressure range up to 16 bar.
- PLN – high resistance to chemicals and hydrolysis, pressure range up to 14 bar, temperature range from -30°C to +80°C.
- PUN – flexible tubing, temperature range from -35°C to +60°C, pressure range up to 10 bar.
- PUN-H – hydrolysis resistant, suitable for water applications, temperature range from -35°C to +60°C, pressure range up to 10 bar. Check out the video below for details.
- PUN-V0 – flame retardant, for fire hazard areas, temperature range of -35°C to +60°C, pressure range up to 10 bar.
The original source of text: https://www.tme.eu/gb/news/library-articles/page/42928/components-for-pneumatic-systems-from-festo/