Celebrating its fifth year as the must-attend event for industrial designers, PD+I returns for 2015 with a new Chair, a new venue and another fantastic line up of speakers. Find out here what delegates can expect from this year’s conference.
With the 2014 conference for industrial designers heralded by many as the best yet for its brand rich line up of speakers such as Gadi Amit, Richard Seymour, Sir John Hegarty and Robert Brunner; delegates could be forgiven for wondering, how can this could possibly be topped? But here we are in 2015, celebrating PD+I’s fifth birthday and the show is once again set to deliver on the 20th and 21st May, with speakers from big name brands including McLaren, Bacardi, Kinneir Dufort, Whipsaw and many more.
New for 2015 is the appointment of Chris Lefteri as Conference Chair, who will be building on the fantastic work carried out by predecessor Kevin McCullagh, whilst also bringing his own slant to proceedings. The conference is also taking place at an exciting new venue – the America Square Conference Centre in Tower Hill, London, still only a stone’s throw from the iconic Design Museum.
PD+I 2015 will allow delegates to truly get under the skin of the hottest new trends, technologies, materials and processes as well as discover new opportunities and how to apply them to future commercial growth. With more than 200 delegates expected to attend, the potential for networking and building invaluable contacts within this specialist sector is second to none.
The confirmed speaker list at this stage includes:
- Assa Ashuach, Co-founder/Director, Assa Studio ltd & Digital Forming ltd
- Duncan Bradley, Head of High Performance Design Facility, McLaren Technology Centre
- Ian Briggs, BAC co-founder and Director of Design, BAC Mono/Briggs Automotive
- Tej Chauhan, Creative Director, Chauhan Studio
- Benjamin Chia, Chief Creative Officer/Partner, elemental8
- Michael Demsey, Industry Manager for Consumer Products, PolyOne Corporation
- Mark Evans, Reader in Industrial Design, Loughborough Design School
- Merle Hall, Kinneir Dufort
- Thomas Hamilton, Consultant – Technical Design, PDD group Ltd
- Dan Harden, President/CEO/Principal Designer, Whipsaw Inc.
- Ben Hardman, Engineering Manager, Speedo Aqualab
- Paul Hatch, President, Teams Design
- Derek Hindle, Marketing Director, Global Closure Systems
- Wendy Howard, Twig Design
- Drew Kendrick, Design Engineer, Invibio
- Chris Lefteri, Chris Lefteri Design Ltd and PD+I 2015 Conference Chair
- Daniel Liden, Design Manager, Lenovo
- Paolo Lorini, Owner, Paolo Lorini Studio
- Kevin McCullagh, Founder, Plan
- Jaime Moreno, CEO & Creative Director, Mormedi
- Ben Orson, Managing Director, JPA Design
- Katie Raath, Global Creative Director, Bacardi Global Brands
- Arty Rajendra, Specialist IP Litagator, Rouse
- Mandy Saven, Head of Food, Beverage & Hospitality, Stylus
- Timo Silvonen, Senior Industrial Designer, Planmeca Oy
- Max Steffen, Founder – Office for Industrial Design & Fashion Accessories, Max Steffen
- Philipp Stenier, Creative Director, TEAGUE
- Alistair Vince, Chief Tinkerer, Watch Me Think
The programme itself is available to view at: http://conference.pdesigni.com/pdi2015/programme, and it promises a wealth of relevant topics, with particular focus on wearable tech and mobility.
Speaking about his involvement in PD+I 2015, new Conference Chair Chris Lefteri comments: “PD+I has always had a high level of quality, with some really great speakers over the years, and I’m excited to build on this, particularly at an international level. At the end of the day, people are hungry for knowledge and want to learn, and PD+I is a great place in which to do this. There is the opportunity to hear from people who have done things well, and also to get involved in debates and of course network. I’m enjoying being involved so far and look forward to May 2015.”
You can still confirm your place at the Early Bird delegate rate of £285 + VAT for one day or £525 + VAT for two, if you book before 11th April 2015, after which prices will be £345 + VAT for one day and £625 + VAT for two. Take advantage of the early prices by registering online today at: http://conference.pdesigni.com/ or by contacting Yvonne Nartey on [email protected] / +44 (0)20 8253 9602.