As part of Starrag UK’s promotion of all products marketed under the Starrag brand – Berthiez, Bumotec, Dörries, Droop+Rein, Ecospeed, Heckert, Scharmann, SIP and Starrag – the company’s MACH stand will centre on Heckert’s affordable yet highly productive and high-speed four-/five-axis horizontal machining centres as well as on how the Integrated Production System (IPS) is an integral part of Starrag’s Industry 4.0 strategies.
Heckert’s recently-announced new machine series has been designed to cost-effectively meet the needs of a wide range of companies of any size within supply chains across multiple industries.
Boasting traverse rates up to a staggering 80 m/min, the machines – H45, H50 and H55, L40, L50, L55 and X40 – not only have a smaller footprint of up to 30% less than traditional horizontal machines, which results in an estimated 15% increase in productivity per unit area, but they also boast:
- Acceleration rates of 1.2 g,
- Tool change (chip-to-chip) times down to 2.2 secs, and
- Pallet change times down to 8.5 secs.
Their modular design enables the use of different pallets – of 400 mm or 500 mm – and spindle and column options allow users to specify versions for either highly dynamic machining of, for example, aluminium (using the universal HSK63 spindle on a lightweight aluminium column) or a high-torque HSK100 unit (which utilises a steel column) for processing materials such as titanium.
The result is an affordable machine range that is incomparable in terms of speed and productivity, can easily be configured to user demands and is available on extremely short delivery timescales within just 12 weeks – enabling users to install machines to meet even the most demanding delivery schedules.
The machines are:
- Heckert H40, H50, H55 – with X, Y and Z axes travels of 560 mm by 650 mm by 680 mm (H40) and 700 mm by 750 mm by 780 mm (H50 and H55), able to accommodate workpieces up to 900 mm high and weighing 600 kgs (H40) and 800 kgs (H50 and H55). The up to 20,000 revs/min spindle offers torque values of up to 453 Nm.
- Heckert L40, L50, L55 – with X, Y and Z axes travels of 560 mm by 550 mm by 680 mm (L40) and 700 mm by 550 mm by 780 mm (L50 and L55), able to accommodate workpiece heights up to 600 mm and loads of 600 kgs (L40) and 800 kgs (L50 and L55). The up to 20,000 revs/min spindle offers torque values of up to 453 Nm.
- Heckert X40 – with X, Y and Z axes travels of 700 mm by 750 mm by 750 mm, able to accommodate workpiece heights of 500 mm and loads of 400 kgs. The up to 30,000 revs/min spindle offers torque values of up to 350 Nm.
In all cases there’s an optional NC rotary table (up to 900 revs/min) for turning operations in the same set-up, and all machines can be supplied as four-axis models as well as five-axis. Different tool magazine options are available up to 320 tools, and a compact pallet system is available.
Any machine from the series can be quickly configured to suit users’ workpiece demands, either as a stand-alone module or as part of integrated manufacturing solutions.
Another prominent message on the MACH stand will be the efficacy of the Starrag-developed IPS functionality. IPS is applied across all Starrag product ranges and it embraces, for example, cutting force monitoring, and tool and workpiece management.